The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery™
(NOT a Pilates based program and therefore open to everyone)
Diastasis Recti is commonly known as a separation of the rectus abdominus muscles. This condition, while not new, has gained much attention in the past few years, as more and more regular exercisers and postpartum women are recognizing that there may be a problem with their abdominals.
Diastasis Recti may occur during excessive abdominal exercise and incorrect recruitment of the abdominal muscles whenever exertion is placed on the torso, such as in heavy lifting as well as during pregnancy and /or the birthing process itself. The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery is a program that has been developing for over 15 years. Our success rate has encouraged us to offer a structured program that encompasses a multi discipline platform that includes myofascial connections, binding and detailed understanding of the anatomy and function of the pelvic floor and abdominal musculature.
Duration 6 hours
Description of course The program offers a series of deep stabilizing exercises with progressions that will allow you to progress towards your regular exercise program, if that is your goal. The deep understanding of the working of your body will ensure the prevention of a recurrence of this condition.
- To learn about what diastasis recti is, how it occurs and how to facilitate recovery.
- To understand the role of the pelvic floor and fascial connections
- To understand how to prevent it from occurring.
- To learn application of simple exercises to aid in the recovery of this condition.
- History of Diastasis Recti and the exercise boom
- Anatomy of the anterior and posterior abdominal wall
- Anatomy of the pelvic floor
- Fascial connections through the pelvic floor and abdominals
- Myofascial release techniques for healing diastasis recti
- Breathing techniques
- Understanding muscle connections using the breath
- Understanding “binding” as a tool for healing a diastasis postpartum
- Simple exercises and progression for a lifetime of connection
PMA 6 CECS Price: USD300
A quick look at The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery™