- This event has passed.
3 Day Pre and Postnatal Pilates Specialist™- Chicago, Illinois
June 6, 2019 @ 7:00 pm - June 9, 2019 @ 2:00 pm$100.00 – $1,150.00
Registration ends June 1 2019
Late Fee begins May 24th 2019
This course will be taught by the founder- Carolyne Anthony
The Center’s 3 Day 24 hour Pre and Postnatal Pilates Specialist Certification includes the pre requisite “Support your Floor” our stand alone “The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery ” on Sunday for this special price.
This course will show you how to “Prepare the Body™” and “Repair the Body™” using Prenatal Pilates and Postnatal Pilates. You will be introduced to a different way of looking at female anatomy and physiology and the changes that occur during pregnancy, birth and beyond. You will learn our “method” of program design for this population that will truly address their needs and requirements for safe, beneficial exercise.
- To understand the musculoskeletal system of the female body in general and pregnancy/postnatal in particular with emphasis on the pelvis and pelvic floor
- To understand the changes in physiology of the female during pregnancy and postpartum
- To understand the intimate relationship of the body to the breath and how to use the breath for birth, relaxation alignment and rehabilitation in the postnatal period
- To understand the adaptations and alignment of posture in the pregnant and postnatal body
- To understand the importance of storytelling in the healing of birth trauma
- To understand the prevention and/or the rehabilitation of the pelvic floor, diastasis recti, C section and PSD
- To understand how to use the information to design beneficial and safe exercises for this population
The philosophy of The Center’s program
The anatomy and physiology of the pregnant/postnatal client
The pelvic floor during pregnancy/postnatal
Breathing and its effects on the abdominals and pelvic floor. Breathing for rehabilitation. Breathing for relaxation and alignment.
The postural changes of the pregnant/postnatal client
The postnatal period and appropriate exercise design
Program design for this population using Pilates Mat and Equipment
Learning specific exercise sequences for breathing and pelvic floor
Implementing breathing and pelvic floor exercises into your regular class design
First trimester/postnatal mat class
Second trimester/postnatal mat class to include ball and therabands
Third trimester mat class to include relaxation and visualization and partner stretching
Postnatal rehabilitation exercises
Pre and postnatal exercise on the Reformer and Cadillac
Sunday only- The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery
Designed for Fitness. Pilates and Yoga Professionals, The Center Method™ for Diastasis Recti Recovery program investigates the history, anatomy and epidemic of diastasis recti commonly known as a separation of the rectus abdominus muscles.
Utilizing breathwork, pelvic floor exercises and myofascial release techniques, this rehabilitative course equips you with the skills you need to help your clients release, realign and restore the core musculature.
Learn to build a progressive exercise program that focuses on optimal musculoskeletal performance to facilitate recovery and prevent reoccurrence.
Designed Duration 8 hours
Description of course The program offers a series of deep stabilizing exercises with progressions that will allow you to progress towards your regular exercise program, if that is your goal. The deep understanding of the working of your body will ensure the prevention of a recurrence of this condition.
- To learn about what diastasis recti is, how it occurs and how to facilitate recovery.
- To understand how to prevent it from occurring.
- To understand the role of the pelvic floor and fascial connections
- To understand the connection of the thorax to the pelvis when rehabilitating diastasis
- To understand how to correctly perform exercises that have been traditionally contraindicated for this condition
- To learn application of simple exercises to aid in the recovery of this condition.
- History of Diastasis Recti and the exercise boom
- Anatomy of the anterior and posterior abdominal wall
- Anatomy of the Thorax
- Anatomy of the pelvic floor
- Fascial connections through the pelvic floor and abdominals
- Myofascial release techniques for healing diastasis recti
- Breathing techniques
- Understanding muscle connections using the breath
- Simple exercises and progression for a lifetime of connection
This course has been approved for 20 CEC’s from The Pilates Method Alliance (USA)
2.0 CEC’s from ACE (USA)
Interested in bringing one of our courses to your studio?
Women's Health is a fast growing area in today’s Pilates and Fitness world. The Center has been developing programs for women for the past 30 years. We are the leading brand of women’s health programs for Pilates and Fitness in the world. Our programs are taught in 39 countries and on all continents.
In addition to our certification programs and continuing education benefits for your team, our hosts who certify in our courses enjoy 3 months online support for their Women’s Health programs, the opportunity to be listed on our Certified Instructors page, and regular updates on new courses.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop or course in your studio or facility, email us at email@example.com.