- This event has passed.
3 Day Pre and Postnatal Pilates Specialist™- Houston, TX, USA
January 24, 2020 @ 3:00 am – January 26, 2020 @ 11:00 am
The Center’s 3 Day 24 hour Pre and Postnatal Pilates Specialist Certification includes the pre requisite “Support your Floor” and our stand alone “The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery ” on Sunday for this special price.If you are only doing Sunday’s Diastasis Recti course the pre requisite is Support your Floor. which can be done online here COURSE DESCRIPTION This course will show you how to “Prepare the Body™” and “Repair the Body™” using Prenatal Pilates and Postnatal Pilates. You will be introduced to a different way of looking at female anatomy and physiology and the changes that occur during pregnancy, birth and beyond. You will learn our “method” of program design for this population that will truly address their needs and requirements for safe, beneficial exercise. COURSE OBJECTIVES
- To understand the musculoskeletal system of the female body in general and pregnancy/postnatal in particular with emphasis on the pelvis and pelvic floor
- To understand the changes in physiology of the female during pregnancy and postpartum
- To understand the intimate relationship of the body to the breath and how to use the breath for birth, relaxation alignment and rehabilitation in the postnatal period
- To understand the adaptations and alignment of posture in the pregnant and postnatal body
- To understand the importance of storytelling in the healing of birth trauma
- To understand the prevention and/or the rehabilitation of the pelvic floor, diastasis recti, C section and PSD
- To understand how to use the information to design beneficial and safe exercises for this population
- To learn about what diastasis recti is, how it occurs and how to facilitate recovery.
- To understand how to prevent it from occurring.
- To understand the role of the pelvic floor and fascial connections
- To understand the connection of the thorax to the pelvis when rehabilitating diastasis
- To understand how to correctly perform exercises that have been traditionally contraindicated for this condition
- To learn application of simple exercises to aid in the recovery of this condition.
- History of Diastasis Recti and the exercise boom
- Anatomy of the anterior and posterior abdominal wall
- Anatomy of the Thorax
- Anatomy of the pelvic floor
- Fascial connections through the pelvic floor and abdominals
- Myofascial release techniques for healing diastasis recti
- Breathing techniques
- Understanding muscle connections using the breath
- Simple exercises and progression for a lifetime of connection
16 people are attending 3 Day Pre and Postnatal Pilates Specialist™- Houston, TX, USA
Interested in bringing one of our courses to your studio?
Women's Health is a fast growing area in today’s Pilates and Fitness world. The Center has been developing programs for women for the past 30 years. We are the leading brand of women’s health programs for Pilates and Fitness in the world. Our programs are taught in 39 countries and on all continents.
In addition to our certification programs and continuing education benefits for your team, our hosts who certify in our courses enjoy 3 months online support for their Women’s Health programs, the opportunity to be listed on our Certified Instructors page, and regular updates on new courses.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop or course in your studio or facility, email us at email@example.com.