- This event has passed.
March 8, 2018 @ 8:00 am - March 11, 2018 @ 5:00 pm$100 – $1200
This 4 day course will include both Support your Floor and The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery. This complete pre and postnatal course will take you through the function and change of the pelvic floor, program design for pre and postnatal pilates and a recovery program for Diastasis Recti as well as C section and PSD.
- To understand the musculoskeletal system of the female body in general and pregnancy/postnatal in particular
- To understand the changes in anatomy and physiology during pregnancy and postpartum
- To understand the changes and function of the pelvic floor
- To understand the intimate relationship of the body to the breath and how to use the breath for birth, relaxation alignment and rehabilitation in the postnatal period
- To understand the adaptations and alignment of posture in the pregnant and postnatal body
- To understand the importance of storytelling in the healing of birth trauma
- To understand the prevention and/or the rehabilitation of the pelvic floor, diastasis recti, C section and PSD
- To understand how to use the information to design beneficial and safe exercises for this population
The philosophy of The Center’s program
The anatomy and physiology of the pregnant/postnatal client
Support your floor lecture
Breathing and its effects on the abdominals and pelvic floor. Breathing for rehabilitation. Breathing for relaxation and alignment.
The postural changes of the pregnant/postnatal client
The postnatal period and appropriate exercise design
Program design for this population
Diastasis Recti Lecture
Learning specific exercise sequences for breathing and pelvic floor
Implementing breathing and pelvic floor exercises into your pre and postnatal Pilates class design
First trimester mat class
Second trimester mat class to include ball and therabands
Third trimester mat class to include relaxation and visualization and partner stretching
Pre and postnatal exercise on the Reformer and Cadillac
The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery practical program
Release work on the ball.
This combined course has been approved for 26 CEC’s from The Pilates Method Alliance (USA)
2.9 CEC’s from ACE (USA)
All prices are listed in US Dollars ($)
2 people are attending 4 Day Pre and Postnatal Pilates Specialist Certification- (Pasadena USA)
Interested in bringing one of our courses to your studio?
Women’s Health is a fast growing area in today’s Pilates and Fitness world. The Center has been developing programs for women for the past 30 years. We are the leading brand of women’s health programs for Pilates and Fitness in the world. Our programs are taught in 39 countries and on all continents.
In addition to our certification programs and continuing education benefits for your team, our hosts who certify in our courses enjoy 3 months online support for their Women’s Health programs, the opportunity to be listed on our Certified Instructors page, and regular updates on new courses.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop or course in your studio or facility, email us at [email protected]