In-person Pre and Postnatal Mat Theory and Practical- Seoul, S.Korea
January 28, 2023 @ 6:00 am – 12:00 pm
This course is the flagship course that started The Center’s teacher training courses. With over 30 years in the business of transforming how teachers look at the pre and postnatal client, we are proud to be the leading pre and postnatal program worldwide.
This course provides the perspective of preparing the pregnant client for the birth and the postpartum client in the recovery afterwards through effective breath and movement techniques. The program is designed to be built upon from the first trimester through to the birth and then continued into the fourth trimester.
Continuing education credits
8 NPCP– National Pilates Certification Program
2.2 ACE– American Council on Exercise (For the full Pre and Postnatal Health and Exercise Certification)
8.5 PAA– Pilates Alliance Australasia
You will gain a deep understanding of
- The anatomy and physiology of the pregnant and postnatal woman.
- The intimate relationship of the body to the breath and how to use the breath for birth, postural alignment and rehabilitation in the postnatal period.
- The adaptations of exercise and alignment to posture in the pregnant and postnatal body.
- The careful use of language and cueing while teaching this population.
- Program design that truly addresses the needs of the pregnant and postpartum client.
- The philosophy of The Center’s program.
- The continuum of the 4 trimester program design.
- The anatomical and physiological changes of the pregnant/postnatal client.
- Understanding the function of the pelvic floor and abdominals during this time.
- Breathing and its effects on the abdominals and pelvic floor. Breathing for rehabilitation. Breathing for relaxation and alignment.
- The postural adaptation of the pregnant/postnatal client and how to apply movement to support these changes.
- Postpartum in all its glory and appropriate program design to include the emotional and mental bodies of your client.
- Laying the foundation of essential movement and breath for the pelvic floor and abdominals to the pre and postnatal client in all trimesters.
- Designing whole body movement that incorporates breath and flow.
- Using movement that eases restrictions and maintains suppleness in the prenatal body.
- Creating movement that prepares the client for the birth whether vaginal or surgical.
- Using movement and breathwork for postpartum recovery.
- Safe and beneficial release techniques for the pre and postnatal client.
- Progressive exercise for the early postpartum client.
- Using the abdominal binder for rehabilitation and prevention of diastasis recti.
- Creating flowing sequences on the mat with stability balls and therabands as props.
Interested in bringing one of our courses to your studio?
Women's Health is a fast growing area in today’s Pilates and Fitness world. The Center has been developing programs for women for the past 30 years. We are the leading brand of women’s health programs for Pilates and Fitness in the world. Our programs are taught in 39 countries and on all continents.
In addition to our certification programs and continuing education benefits for your team, our hosts who certify in our courses enjoy 3 months online support for their Women’s Health programs, the opportunity to be listed on our Certified Instructors page, and regular updates on new courses.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop or course in your studio or facility, email us at email@example.com.