- This event has passed.
In-person Rocking and Rolling to Release™- Seoul, S.Korea
January 7 @ 2:00 am – 11:00 am
This course is the introductory level to our myofascial release techniques. It uses functional movement with or without the gentle pressure of small balls, to release fascial restrictions. This non-aggressive hands-off approach to release, trains you to be able to offer your client the ability to achieve a tension free body in the quiet of their own space.
The program is divided into sequences with the body placed in specific positions to facilitate mobility, stability and release when integrated with breath work and gentle rocking movement. These sequences are easily integrated into your sessions, allowing the client to experience release along with strengthening the body. The fast acting techniques are easy to learn and simple to implement.
The rocking movements move the body with rhythmical breath and gentle rocking to facilitate release. Each rocking sequence can be made more dynamic with stronger movements and a more forceful breath; however, all movements are created without tension, with no alignment cues to follow and no forced range of motion required. This is a starting point for your clients’ body to take the lead in unwinding the restriction. Using breath, pace and flow, we will endeavor to activate the body’s innate sense of moving freely through space.
The rolling is designed to utilize the pressure of balls to facilitate release. The balls are placed in specific positions and functional, rocking movement is created to aid in release. The balls used in this course have different textures. One is semi hard and the other is a soft inflatable ball. Throughout the program these balls can be used interchangeably to offer pressure, support and movement.
Continuing education credits
8 NPCP– National Pilates Certification Program
.6 ACE– American Council on Exercise
3.5 PAA– Pilates Alliance Australasia
You will gain a deeper understanding and application of:
- How fascial web works in conjunction with the muscles and bones to create movement.
- How to release fascial restrictions through movement sequences and positions and gentle pressure.
- How to create tension free movement with breath and its effect on the fascial system.
- How rocking facilitates release.
- How to use the set sequences as a guideline towards unwinding restrictions.
- How the sequences progress to release restrictions through the whole body.
- The evolution of this course.
- Overview of John F. Barnes philosophy of myofascial release.
- Primal movement- circles, spirals and oppositional movement.
- The difference between muscle activation and joint movement and tension free movement in creating release.
- The ability of release work to align and strengthen the body.
Interested in bringing one of our courses to your studio?
Women's Health is a fast growing area in today’s Pilates and Fitness world. The Center has been developing programs for women for the past 30 years. We are the leading brand of women’s health programs for Pilates and Fitness in the world. Our programs are taught in 39 countries and on all continents.
In addition to our certification programs and continuing education benefits for your team, our hosts who certify in our courses enjoy 3 months online support for their Women’s Health programs, the opportunity to be listed on our Certified Instructors page, and regular updates on new courses.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop or course in your studio or facility, email us at email@example.com.