In-person Support your Floor™- Seoul, S. Korea
September 23 @ 12:00 pm – 6:00 pm
This course will lay the foundation for all the other courses in our program. We will look at the female pelvic floor from a functional and healthy standpoint and use this as a reference point for any dysfunction that may occur throughout your client’s life. We aim to demystify the application of the function of the pelvic floor muscles to movement and show you how the pelvic floor functions normally and naturally with your breath and everyday activities.
Continuing education credits
6 NPCP– National Pilates Certification Program
.7 ACE– American Council on Exercise
3.5 PAA– Pilates Alliance Australasia
You will gain a deeper understanding of
- The anatomy of the pelvic diaphragm and urogenital triangle.
- The changes the pelvic floor adapts to in all stages of a woman’s life.
- The fascial connections through the pelvic floor.
- How the female hormones have an impact on the fascial, bony and muscular systems.
- How the fluctuations of these hormones affect movement.
- How all movement is generated from the pelvis and pelvic floor.
- Why dysfunction happens.
- Keeping the pelvic floor healthy through release, breath and movement.
- Anatomy of the pelvic floor including fascial connections.
- Normal functioning of the pelvic floor in everyday movement.
- How the female hormones affect the fascial, skeletal and muscular system.
- What changes take place during each stage of a women’s life.
- The use of bony cuing to activate the pelvic floor.
- The respiratory system and the connection to the pelvic floor.
- Muscle groups and fascia that support the pelvis.
- Why and what dysfunction may occur.
- Our protocol- relax-release-realign-restore™.
- Learning release techniques for healthy pelvic floor function.
- How to use the breath and movement for optimal pelvic floor activation.
- Relearning how to activate the pelvic floor functionally through movement.
- Sample exercises on the mat.
Interested in bringing one of our courses to your studio?
Women's Health is a fast growing area in today’s Pilates and Fitness world. The Center has been developing programs for women for the past 30 years. We are the leading brand of women’s health programs for Pilates and Fitness in the world. Our programs are taught in 39 countries and on all continents.
In addition to our certification programs and continuing education benefits for your team, our hosts who certify in our courses enjoy 3 months online support for their Women’s Health programs, the opportunity to be listed on our Certified Instructors page, and regular updates on new courses.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop or course in your studio or facility, email us at email@example.com.