In-person The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery™- Dubai
January 28, 2023 @ 12:30 pm – 6:30 pm
The Center’s Diastasis Recti Recovery course will inform the end user of a progressive exercise program that focuses on optimal musculoskeletal and fascial performance to facilitate recovery and prevent reoccurrence.
Continuing education credits
6 NPCP– National Pilates Certification Program
.9 ACE– American Council on Exercise
7.5 PAA– Pilates Alliance Australasia
Designed for Fitness, Pilates and Yoga Professionals, The Center Method™ for Diastasis Recti Recovery program investigates the history, anatomy and epidemic of diastasis recti commonly known as a separation of the rectus abdominus muscles.
Utilizing breathwork, pelvic floor information, whole body movement and myofascial release techniques, this rehabilitative course equips you with the skills you need to help your clients release, realign and restore the core musculature.
The program offers a series of deep stabilizing exercises with progressions that will allow you to progress towards your regular exercise program, if that is your goal. The deep understanding of the working of your body will ensure the prevention of a recurrence of this condition.
You will gain a deeper understanding of
- The condition of diastasis recti.
- Why it happens and how you may prevent it.
- How it affects all populations not just postpartum women.
- The role of the pelvic floor and fascial connections to the abdominals and other “core” muscles.
- The connection of the thorax to the pelvis and breath.
- Correct activation of the pelvic floor and abdominals.
- Correctly performing exercises that have been traditionally contraindicated for this condition.
- History of Diastasis Recti and the exercise boom.
- Anatomy of the anterior and posterior abdominal wall.
- Anatomy of the Thorax.
- Anatomy of the pelvic floor.
- Fascial connections through the pelvic floor and abdominals.
- Why release work is important.
- Re learning how to breathe without over recruiting.
- Understanding muscle and bone connections using the breath.
- Assessing the client for DR and indications of holding patterns and restrictions.
- Learning to read the body and the movement patterns.
- Applying myofascial release techniques to release restrictions.
- Re patterning the body to aid in restoration of the abdominal wall.
- Foundational exercises for rehabilitation of diastasis recti.
Contact Laura Weston for pricing email@example.com
Interested in bringing one of our courses to your studio?
Women's Health is a fast growing area in today’s Pilates and Fitness world. The Center has been developing programs for women for the past 30 years. We are the leading brand of women’s health programs for Pilates and Fitness in the world. Our programs are taught in 39 countries and on all continents.
In addition to our certification programs and continuing education benefits for your team, our hosts who certify in our courses enjoy 3 months online support for their Women’s Health programs, the opportunity to be listed on our Certified Instructors page, and regular updates on new courses.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop or course in your studio or facility, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.