Pre and Postnatal Mat Theory and Practical- Chicago, IL, USA
January 14, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm$450.00
Taught by Carolyne Anthony
Pre and Postnatal Mat Theory and Practical will cover program design for the 1st, second and third trimester and after the birth- the fourth trimester. This course is open to Fitness, Yoga and Pilates professionals. This course offering will guide you through either a group exercise mat class or a Pilates Mat class.
You will gain a deep understanding of
- The anatomy and physiology of the pregnant and postnatal woman.
- The intimate relationship of the body to the breath and how to use the breath for birth, postural alignment and rehabilitation in the postnatal period.
- The adaptations of exercise and alignment to posture in the pregnant and postnatal body.
- The careful use of language and cueing while teaching this population.
- Program design that truly addresses the needs of the pregnant and postpartum client.
8 NPCP– National Pilates Certification Program
2.2 ACE– American Council on Exercise (For the full Pre and Postnatal Health and Exercise Certification)
Interested in bringing one of our courses to your studio?
Women's Health is a fast growing area in today’s Pilates and Fitness world. The Center has been developing programs for women for the past 30 years. We are the leading brand of women’s health programs for Pilates and Fitness in the world. Our programs are taught in 39 countries and on all continents.
In addition to our certification programs and continuing education benefits for your team, our hosts who certify in our courses enjoy 3 months online support for their Women’s Health programs, the opportunity to be listed on our Certified Instructors page, and regular updates on new courses.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop or course in your studio or facility, email us at [email protected].