- This event has passed.
Pre & Post-Natal Health & Exercise Specialist™- Bali, Indonesia
October 6, 2019 @ 4:00 am - October 7, 2019 @ 12:00 pm$100.00 – $875.00
Registration ends September 25th 2019
Late registration begins September 5th 2019
The Center’s 2 Day 16 hour Pre and Postnatal Health and Exercise Specialist Certification is the flagship course that started The Center’s teacher training courses.
Pre requisite- Support your Floor™
This course will show you how to “Prepare the Body™” and “Repair the Body™” using movement. You will be introduced to a different way of looking at female anatomy and physiology and the changes that occur during pregnancy, birth and beyond. You will learn our “method” of program design for this population that will truly address their needs and requirements for safe, beneficial exercise.
- To understand the musculoskeletal system of the female body in general and pregnancy/postnatal in particular with emphasis on the pelvis and pelvic floor
- To understand the changes in physiology of the female during pregnancy and postpartum
- To understand the intimate relationship of the body to the breath and how to use the breath for birth, relaxation alignment and rehabilitation in the postnatal period
- To understand the adaptations and alignment of posture in the pregnant and postnatal body
- To understand the importance of storytelling in the healing of birth trauma
- To understand the prevention and/or the rehabilitation of the pelvic floor, diastasis recti, C section and PSD
- To understand how to use the information to design beneficial and safe exercises for this population
The philosophy of The Center’s program
The anatomy and physiology of the pregnant/postnatal client
The pelvic floor during pregnancy
Breathing and its effects on the abdominals and pelvic floor. Breathing for rehabilitation. Breathing for relaxation and alignment.
The postural changes of the pregnant/postnatal client
The postnatal period and appropriate exercise design
Program design for this population using Pilates Mat and Equipment
Learning specific exercise sequences for breathing and pelvic floor
Implementing breathing and pelvic floor exercises into your regular class design
First trimester/postnatal mat class
Second trimester/postnatal mat class to include ball and therabands
Third trimester mat class to include relaxation and visualization and partner stretching
Pre and postnatal exercise on the Reformer and Cadillac for Pilates Instructors
Registration fee until September 6th 2019 USD400– Mat only
USD475- late fee
USD800- Mat and Equipment
USD875- late fee
This course has been approved for 20 CEC’s from The Pilates Method Alliance (USA) when combined with Support your Floor
2.0 CEC’s from ACE (USA)
Interested in bringing one of our courses to your studio?
Women's Health is a fast growing area in today’s Pilates and Fitness world. The Center has been developing programs for women for the past 30 years. We are the leading brand of women’s health programs for Pilates and Fitness in the world. Our programs are taught in 39 countries and on all continents.
In addition to our certification programs and continuing education benefits for your team, our hosts who certify in our courses enjoy 3 months online support for their Women’s Health programs, the opportunity to be listed on our Certified Instructors page, and regular updates on new courses.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop or course in your studio or facility, email us at email@example.com.