- This event has passed.
The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery™- Hong Kong
October 15, 2018 @ 4:00 am - 12:00 pm$100.00 – $1,755.00
Designed for Fitness. Pilates and Yoga Professionals, The Center Method™ for Diastasis Recti Recovery program investigates the history, anatomy and epidemic of diastasis recti commonly known as a separation of the rectus abdominus muscles.
Utilizing breathwork, pelvic floor exercises and myofascial release techniques, this rehabilitative course equips you with the skills you need to help your clients release, realign and restore the core musculature.
Learn to build a progressive exercise program that focuses on optimal musculoskeletal performance to facilitate recovery and prevent reoccurrence.
Designed Duration 8 hours
Description of course The program offers a series of deep stabilizing exercises with progressions that will allow you to progress towards your regular exercise program, if that is your goal. The deep understanding of the working of your body will ensure the prevention of a recurrence of this condition.
- To learn about what diastasis recti is, how it occurs and how to facilitate recovery.
- To understand how to prevent it from occurring.
- To understand the role of the pelvic floor and fascial connections
- To understand the connection of the thorax to the pelvis when rehabilitating diastasis
- To understand how to correctly perform exercises that have been traditionally contraindicated for this condition
- To learn application of simple exercises to aid in the recovery of this condition.
- History of Diastasis Recti and the exercise boom
- Anatomy of the anterior and posterior abdominal wall
- Anatomy of the Thorax
- Anatomy of the pelvic floor
- Fascial connections through the pelvic floor and abdominals
- Myofascial release techniques for healing diastasis recti
- Breathing techniques
- Understanding muscle connections using the breath
- Simple exercises and progression for a lifetime of connection
PMA 6 CECS Price: USD450 includes a manual and two balls.
Interested in bringing one of our courses to your studio?
Women's Health is a fast growing area in today’s Pilates and Fitness world. The Center has been developing programs for women for the past 30 years. We are the leading brand of women’s health programs for Pilates and Fitness in the world. Our programs are taught in 39 countries and on all continents.
In addition to our certification programs and continuing education benefits for your team, our hosts who certify in our courses enjoy 3 months online support for their Women’s Health programs, the opportunity to be listed on our Certified Instructors page, and regular updates on new courses.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop or course in your studio or facility, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.