- This event has passed.
Women’s Wellness Weekend- Pelvic Floor and Diastasis Recti Recovery- Singapore
April 14, 2018 @ 9:30 am - April 15, 2018 @ 5:00 pm$100.00 – $600.00
This Women’s Wellness Weekend will include
The Center’s Pelvic Floor 6 hour course is a pre requisite for all of the courses in our curriculum. We base our courses on the movement of the pelvis and how it affects the rest of the female body. We will also look at the pelvic floor from a healthy standpoint rather than a problematic one. Open to Pilates, Fitness and Yoga Instructors.
This course will offer an in depth look at the anatomy and function of the pelvic floor, its application to movement and the breath and will discuss the reasons for dysfunction and how many of these problems can be prevented. Our approach contains both the scientific evidenced based research and the more holistic viewpoint of this most intimate part of the female body.
- To understand the anatomy of the female pelvis and pelvic floor
- To understand the function of the pelvic floor muscles, the fascial connections and the surrounding muscle groups.
- To understand the change that occurs during pregnancy, birth, postpartum and menopause
- To understand dysfunction in the pelvic area to include SI Joint and pelvic floor dysfunction and pubis symphasis derangement
- To understand the importance of correct movement to activate the pelvic floor
- To understand the role of the breath in pelvic floor activation and rehabilitation
- To understand the impact of the fascial connections through the pelvis
Anatomy of the pelvic floor including fascial connections
The use of bony cuing to activate the pelvic floor
The respiratory system and the connection to the pelvic floor
Muscle groups and fascia that support the pelvis
Dysfunction of the pelvis and pelvic floor
Pubis Symphasis Derangement
Breathing and the Pelvic Floor
Relaxing the body- through breathing
Releasing fascia- techniques for release
Realigning muscles- exercise design to help realignment
Restoring- exercises for strength
Incorporating pelvic floor in exercise design
This course fulfills one requirement for The Women’s Health and Exercise Specialist Certification™
This course fulfills one module of The Gentle Birth Project™
This course fulfills one requirement for The Women’s Health Pilates Specialist Certification™
This course fulfills one requirement for The Movement Method Specialist Certification™
This course has been approved for 10 CEC’s from The Pilates Method Alliance (USA)
This course has been approved for .7 CEC’s from ACE (USA)
The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery is an 8 hour course that offers a series of deep stabilizing exercises with progressions that will allow you to progress towards your regular exercise program, if that is your goal. The deep understanding of the working of your body will ensure the prevention of a recurrence of this condition.
- History of Diastasis Recti and the exercise boom
- Anatomy of the anterior and posterior abdominal wall
- Anatomy of the Thorax
- Anatomy of the pelvic floor
- Fascial connections through the pelvic floor and abdominals
- Myofascial release techniques for healing diastasis recti
- Breathing techniques
- Understanding muscle connections using the breath
- Simple exercises and progression for a lifetime of connection
This course is approved for PMA 6 CECS and ACE .9 CECS
Interested in bringing one of our courses to your studio?
Women's Health is a fast growing area in today’s Pilates and Fitness world. The Center has been developing programs for women for the past 30 years. We are the leading brand of women’s health programs for Pilates and Fitness in the world. Our programs are taught in 39 countries and on all continents.
In addition to our certification programs and continuing education benefits for your team, our hosts who certify in our courses enjoy 3 months online support for their Women’s Health programs, the opportunity to be listed on our Certified Instructors page, and regular updates on new courses.
If you are interested in hosting a workshop or course in your studio or facility, email us at [email protected].