The Center’s 1 day 8-hour Diastasis Recti Recovery course will inform the end user of a progressive exercise program that focuses on optimal musculoskeletal performance to facilitate recovery and prevent reoccurrence.
Designed for Fitness, Pilates and Yoga Professionals, The Center Method™ for Diastasis Recti Recovery program investigates the history, anatomy and epidemic of diastasis recti commonly known as a separation of the rectus abdominus muscles.
Utilizing breathwork, pelvic floor exercises and myofascial release techniques, this rehabilitative course equips you with the skills you need to help your clients release, realign and restore the core musculature.
The program offers a series of deep stabilizing exercises with progressions that will allow you to progress towards your regular exercise program, if that is your goal. The deep understanding of the working of your body will ensure the prevention of a recurrence of this condition.
- To learn about what diastasis recti is, how it occurs and how to facilitate recovery.
- To understand how to prevent it from occurring.
- To understand the role of the pelvic floor and fascial connections
- To understand the connection of the thorax to the pelvis when rehabilitating diastasis
- To understand how to correctly perform exercises that have been traditionally contraindicated for this condition
- To learn application of simple exercises to aid in the recovery of this condition.
- History of Diastasis Recti and the exercise boom
- Anatomy of the anterior and posterior abdominal wall
- Anatomy of the Thorax
- Anatomy of the pelvic floor
- Fascial connections through the pelvic floor and abdominals
- Myofascial release techniques for healing diastasis recti
- Breathing techniques
- Understanding muscle connections using the breath
- Simple exercises and progression for a lifetime of connection
Continuing Education Credits Available
PMA – Pilates Method Alliance – 6
ACE – American Council on Exercise – 0.90
PAA – Pilates Alliance Australasia – 4 PDP
Course Fees & Registration
Online Course USD375. Includes one manual, 5 lectures and practical exercises.
In-person course USD400. This includes one manual and two balls.