Pre and Postnatal Mat Theory and Practical
Prepare your body. Repair your body™
This course is the flagship course that started The Center’s teacher training courses. With over 30 years in the business of transforming how teachers look at the pre and postnatal client, we are proud to be the leading pre and postnatal program worldwide.
This course provides the perspective of preparing the pregnant client for the birth and the postpartum client in the recovery afterwards through effective breath and movement techniques. The program is designed to be built upon from the first trimester through to the birth and then continued into the fourth trimester.
You will gain a deep understanding of
- The anatomy and physiology of the pregnant and postnatal woman.
- The intimate relationship of the body to the breath and how to use the breath for birth, postural alignment and rehabilitation in the postnatal period.
- The adaptations of exercise and alignment to posture in the pregnant and postnatal body.
- The careful use of language and cueing while teaching this population.
- Program design that truly addresses the needs of the pregnant and postpartum client.
- The philosophy of The Center’s program.
- The continuum of the 4 trimester program design.
- The anatomical and physiological changes of the pregnant/postnatal client.
- Understanding the function of the pelvic floor and abdominals during this time.
- Breathing and its effects on the abdominals and pelvic floor. Breathing for rehabilitation. Breathing for relaxation and alignment.
- The postural adaptation of the pregnant/postnatal client and how to apply movement to support these changes.
- Postpartum in all its glory and appropriate program design to include the emotional and mental bodies of your client.
- Laying the foundation of essential movement and breath for the pelvic floor and abdominals to the pre and postnatal client in all trimesters.
- Designing whole body movement that incorporates breath and flow.
- Using movement that eases restrictions and maintains suppleness in the prenatal body.
- Creating movement that prepares the client for the birth whether vaginal or surgical.
- Using movement and breathwork for postpartum recovery.
- Safe and beneficial release techniques for the pre and postnatal client.
- Progressive exercise for the early postpartum client.
- Using the abdominal binder for rehabilitation and prevention of diastasis recti.
- Creating flowing sequences on the mat with stability balls and therabands as props.
Requirements for Specialist Track
- Live or online coursework
- 3 self-assessment videos
- Self practice log (log book included)
- Teaching log (log book included)
- 3 teaching videos
COURSE FEES & REGISTRATION
8-hr recorded course
Mat only course
This includes 2 manuals