Health and Exercise for Menopause™ Mat Theory and Practical
The concept of MORE. More Organic Movement. More Resistance. More Endurance
This course is designed to look at the causes and symptoms of menopause and to gain a new vision of how to train a more mature woman as she adapts to yet another change in her female life. Rather than seeing these changes as negative, this course will show you physiologically, physically, emotionally and mentally, why life can only get better.
Continuing education credits
8 NPCP– National Pilates Certification Program
.8 ACE– American Council on Exercise
3.5 PAA– Pilates Alliance Australasia
You will gain a deeper understanding of
- The female anatomy and physiology during menopause
- The anatomical and physiological changes that affect the physical body
- The adaptations needed for exercise during this time
- The benefits and strengths of the menopausal year.
- The concepts behind the program that support the process.
- The causes, symptoms and effects of menopause.
- The physiological and anatomical changes of the maturing female body.
- Changing your perspective on the process of menopause.
- Exercise concepts that enhance program design.
- Dealing with Kyphosis, bone loss and joint pain.
- Implementing the exercise concepts into various environments.
- Designing programs that include brain teasers, weight bearing and balance exercises.
- Using language that is supportive and empowering while teaching this population.
- Using flow and breath to activate the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Enjoying innovative and creative choreography on the Mat.
- Adding Props to the program design to aid in the execution of the exercise.
Course requirements for Specialist track
- Live or online coursework
- 1 self-assessment video
- 10 hours self practice log (log book included)
- 10 hours teaching log (log book included)
- 1 teaching video
- 8 Mentorship Program sessions
COURSE FEES & REGISTRATION
6-hr recorded course
Includes one manual