To complete this certification participants must attend Support your Floor™ and The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery™. All these modules are included in the 3 day Pre and Postnatal Pilates Specialist course
The Center’s 2 Day 16 hour Pre and Postnatal Pilates Specialist Certification is part of the module based certification that informs the instructor on best practices needed to guide this population during exercise.
This course is the flagship course that started The Center’s teacher training courses. With over 25 years in the business of transforming how teachers look at the pre and postnatal client, we are proud to be the leading pre and postnatal program for Pilates worldwide
You will be introduced to a different way of looking at female anatomy and physiology and the changes that occur during pregnancy, birth and beyond. You will learn our “method” of program design for this population that will truly addresses their needs and requirements for safe, beneficial exercise. This course will show you how to “Prepare the Body” and “Repair the Body” during pregnancy and the postnatal period.
Course objectives (2 day)
- To understand the anatomy and physiology of the pregnant and postnatal woman
- To understand the intimate relationship of the body to the breath and how to use the breath for birth, relaxation alignment and rehabilitation in the postnatal period
- To understand the adaptations and alignment of posture in the pregnant and postnatal body
- To understand the importance of storytelling in the healing of birth trauma
- To understand the prevention and/or the rehabilitation of the pelvic floor, diastasis recti, C section and PSD
- To understand how to use the platform of Pilates to design beneficial and safe exercises for this population
- The philosophy of The Center’s program
- The anatomy and physiology of the pregnant/postnatal client
- Breathing and its effects on the abdominals and pelvic floor. Breathing for rehabilitation. Breathing for relaxation and alignment.
- The postural changes of the pregnant/postnatal client
- The postnatal period and appropriate exercise design
- Program design for this population from the first trimester through the 4th trimester
- Exercises for breathing and relaxation
- Exercise design for the pelvic floor
- Early postpartum rehabilitative exercises
- Sample first trimester/Postnatal mat class
- Sample second trimester/Postnatal mat class to include ball and therabands.
- Sample third trimester mat class to include relaxation and visualization and partner stretching
- Sample exercises on the Cadillac for pregnancy, postnatal and rehabilitation of diastasis recti
- Sample exercises on the Reformer to include design for group reformer classes
Continuing Education Credits Available
PMA– Pilates Method Alliance – 20 (for 3 day program)
ACE – American Council on Exercise – 2.20 (for 3 day program)
PAA – Pilates Alliance Australasia – 15 PDP
This course fulfills 2 requirements for The Women’s Health Pilates Specialist Certification™
Course Fees & Registration
USD700 Mat and Equipment. This includes 4 manuals
USD400 Mat only. This includes 2 manuals