- Rocking and Rolling to Release™
- Support your Floor™
- Pre and Postnatal Mat Theory and Practical
- Pre and Postnatal Pilates Equipment
- The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery™
The Combined Modules in the Pre and Postnatal Specialist Certification Will:
- Allow you to guide your client through release techniques that will maintain the suppleness and openness needed for a successful birth. Stress and tension have an adverse effect on the fascial system allowing for more restrictions and pain to develop. Releasing will allow the body to better adapt to the changes that are taking place during the pregnancy.
- After the birth, these techniques are imperative in guiding the body back to alignment, releasing restrictions that scarring from incisions and trauma can cause. The techniques taught in the Rocking and Rolling to Release™ course are safe and beneficial for this population.
- Support your Floor™ – our Pelvic Floor course takes you through the anatomy and physiology of the PF during pregnancy, birth and the postpartum period. Understanding the normal functioning of a healthy pelvic floor will allow you to guide your client through the changes taking place at this time. This course lays the foundation for all other courses in our curriculum.
- Pre and Postnatal Mat Theory and Practical will cover program design for the 1st, second and third trimester and after the birth- the fourth trimester. It will apply the information learned in the previous two modules. This course offering will guide you through either a group exercise mat class or a Pilates Mat class.
- Pre and Postnatal Pilates Equipment will cover program design for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd trimesters and after the birth – the fourth trimester on the Reformer, Cadillac and Chair. It will apply the information learned in the previous two modules. This course offering will guide you through a group Reformer class and a group Tower class.
- The movement taught in The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery™ takes you one step further in the recovery of your postpartum client. While this course concentrates on Diastasis Recti, it informs you as to the causes and effects of birth trauma on the female body. The exercises used for healing DR can be utilized for C section recovery and pubic symphysis derangement. This course layers and applies the information learned in the previous courses.